The red card file lists the red cards by date and person, the reason and the fine and suspension as well as the date the card can be claimed at the office. The reason is taken directly from the referee reports and the reason for both cautions and send offs are listed below. We do not contact the team to ask them if it's OK to suspend the player. Players who are sent off and refuse to leave the field area per league rules resulting in the game being terminated receive an additional suspension of at least one game.
Because we are no lnger using passcards, players will be removed from the appropriate rosters from games during their suspension term. Red cards fines can be paid online by clicking here.
The disciplinary action file lists all cautions received each week. A player who accumulates three cautions is suspended for one game with no fine. Players who receive their third caution in the last game of the fall season are suspended for the first game of the spring season.
These are the reasons why a player is cautioned:
· Unsporting behavior (this includes foul play and simulation)
· Dissent by word or action
· Persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
· Delaying the restart of play
· Failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, throw-in or free kick
· Entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee's permission
· Deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee's permission
These are the reasons why a player is sent off:
These are the fines and penalties for red cards:
Violent Conduct: three game suspension, $50 fine and $50 bond posted for the next year
Serious foul Player: two game suspension, $25 fine
All other red cards: one game suspension, $10 fine
If a player directs foul, abusive, insulting or threatening language at the referee, the player is suspended for referee abuse. On the first offense, the player is suspended for a minimum of three games, fined $50 and must post a $50 bond for the following year. On the second offense, the player is suspended for a full year from all league play and fined $250.